Thursday, September 15, 2016

Wander Wednesday: Wild Onion Soup


We went wandering in search of Mooncakes and came home with handfuls of wild onion/garlic.
O insisted she make soup and then listed the ingredients she required from the fridge!
It felt like Stone Soup time!http://mamadrool.blogspot.ca/2014/07/soup-story.html


The conversations that ensued were quite colourful and noteworthy!

"Don't you have a thing that takes off vegetable skin?"

{Chopping onion} "I don't know why, but I'm crying. 
Maybe it's because I'm losing my teeth and sad I'm gonna be an adult soon!"

"If I cut out his eyes, will the potato be sad!?"

"What happens if the chef cuts off his hand?"
"He'll have to find a new job or learn how to use his feet!"

"Olivia! You got a leaf in there!"
"Yeah. It's there for flavour!"
   
"This soup will be good cause it's made out of love!"
"This soup got rid of my headache!"
"Haha! I make potions!"




The soup smelled incredible and tasted amazing!

Olivia's Wild Soup
~4 zuchini
~1/2 onion
~2 wild onion
~6 potatoes (some cut into heart shapes!)
~1 carrot
~1/2 tomatoe
~1 clove garlic
~fresh rosemary sprigs
~s&p
Chop as desired!
Place in pot and just cover with water.
Simmer until veggies tender.
Serve and top with dried seaweed (kelp buds).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?