Friday, August 12, 2016

Imagination



"Worry is a misuse of imagination."

You are very much a person of your own. 
I can neither take credit for who you are or who you will grow to be.
However, your ability to worry tied closely to your sense of imagination, I do recognize intimately.

"Mom, can I talk to you about something? 
I'm afraid to die."

After picking up my heart and returning it to my chest, my first thought?
Does she know something that I don't? 
Thus setting my own cycle of worry in motion.
My second thought was to suggest replacing worry with something useful.

Before voicing any thoughts, racing competitively in my brain, I decided to hear you out.

In the end, I didn't deny that death is a horrifying mystery for those who love life. 
Fearing death is a legitimate, understandable, normal part of living, ironically.
But I also had to address, our intent is for you to live a long, happy, healthy life filled with dreams of your own making.

In all of our days, I can only promise you one thing and unfortunately, it is not immunity to fate.
However, worry is such a waste of precious time.
Hold on tight to that imagination of yours, the one that causes you awful nightmares and fears. 
Learn to manifest it in positive ways and it will take you places only you can dream of going.
And go there instead. 



"Worry is paying interest on a debt you may never owe."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?